3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
No, but classmates I once knew like two years ago are starting to have children??
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Not this year...
But petwise my favorite kitty of lyssachansan's passed away. We had something speciiaaallll whyyyyyy
5. What countries did you visit?
Too busy to go out of the country this year, but I had several trips exploring around my beautiful golden state
6. What would you like to have in 2014 that you lacked in 2013?
Better time management skills, more art friends from different schools/communities, a body of work to get critiqued (I'm coming for you Patrick Raines), study abroad
7. What date from 2013 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
A day in the summer because it was exhilarating
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Landing my first job -- because of this I was able to make the AX purchase and other personal ambitions start to happen
9. What was your biggest failure?
My deterioration of time management in the fall. 5 classes plus nearly maxed-out hours at work left me scrambling for air. I somehow survived but it could have been a bit more graceful near the end had I kept to a more rigid schedule
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Aside from my stress-related crap, I was a passenger in a car accident in LA. Thankfully only the cars got really banged up.
11. What was the best thing you bought?Oh gosh probably my apartment and a new brand of sketchbook and inkpens hahaha <3
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?My best friend B because he has been learning to take things in stride and my friend S who works on her essays and research in a timely manner
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?Some family and at times myself when I had moments of self-loathing ugh suck it up you poop
14. Where did most of your money go?
My apartment and eating at all these restaurants DX
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?Attack on Titan bahahahahaha
16. What song will always remind you of 2013?Clarity by Zedd. Anything by Zedd actually. He was everywhere I went. He was in my soul
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? proud to say happier!
ii. thinner or fatter? thinner
iii. richer or poorer? RICHER. but still a poor college student, lol
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Drawing out the ideas I kept writing down instead
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Missing Hetalia and browsing Tumblr for Attack on Titan shit man I could not control myself
the hilariously cruel posts, fanart, theories, and fucking erejean game too strong
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Spending it at home with the family!
21. Who did you spend most of your phone-time with?The people whom I also text the most
22. Did you fall in love in 2013?yes
23. How many one-night stands?
24. What was your favourite TV program?
John Adams miniseries HAHAHAH
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
I dislike one or two, but I don't hate them
26. What was the best book you read?
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?Muse. Been floating around my periphery for years but I finally decided to really try out their stuff from the ground up. They. Are. Phenomenal.
28. What did you want and get?A job, AX table, One Direction's new album and this customizable Starbucks Tumbler so I can make a cool collage as the cover
29. What did you want and didn't get?Chris Evans
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Monsters University was quite clever ^^
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Classy with Gatsby
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?My Alfred
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2013?
Dark, edgy, girly
34. What kept you sane?
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?Logan Lerman and Harry Styles, as always ugh my life
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Those kids who beat up and killed an old World War II veteran...and international riots
37. Who did you miss?The people I want closest to me but half the time are physically away somewhere else
38. Who was the best new person you met?
One's quite the different guy in a refreshing way and the other is inspiring and at times silly in a peaceful way
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you earned in 2013:The only thing that matters for the present is starting now for yourself; who cares what someone else is doing
Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
I don't know where you're going but do you got room for one more troubled soul?